Thursday, January 10, 2019

Do you have January-itus too?

I'm currently pinching myself! Quite possibly I have found my groove for writing or at least until the weather turns warmer and Spring returns to my garden. The first light of day and the following 2 - 3 hours are delightful in the garden. There are days, I wander out bare foot, in anticipation of the sunrise, to enjoy the increasing light and listen to the morning. But not in January.

It's not a true cabin fever, more like January-itus. Waiting on snow, the emergence of snowmen through out the neighborhood, lazily reading by the fire and savoring snow days.
January-itus is a time for mapping and planning vacations, spring plantings, exploring local galleries or museums, baking, reading seed catalogs, sewing, painting basically anything to create a distraction as I wait for the first icy crystal snowflake to fall in January.

Today I will continue to write, the book is coming along nicely. I will paint, well maybe not, as it is a painting of a snowy winter street scene. Possibly I shall quilt, I need a new Spring Picnic Quilt, dreaming of warm sunny days is certainly a distraction from snow. Disclaimer, there is no snow in our forecast for today, however, this weekend we may have Snow! I'm just hoping for long walks in a snowy winter wonderland. Maybe, I should Doodle snowflakes.

How do you anticipate the arrival of snow?
Do you gather Art Supplies, Books, Movies, mountains of Snacks and Comfort food?
Are you constantly checking the weather on you phone or social media contacts?




https://whatboxacreativelife.blogspot.com/
#HiddenInYourheART
© 2019 Carol Lane Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment