Thursday, April 19, 2018

Time for a New Umbrella

April showers sometimes require an umbrella when darting about dodging puddles. Sprinkles and gentle showers I can manage and even enjoy the splatter of raindrops upon my face. There are times when heavy down pours of flooding rains fall, I will sing and dance splashing every puddle, but not in 'public'. Out in 'public' I have been seen walking slowly using an umbrella in pouring rain, like an 'adult'. Gasp! Rain is for dancing, splashing and singing, a joyful celebration of delight which is the problem I am facing. Have you seen the umbrellas lately? All dark and drab. So ..............

I purchased the largest umbrella available, along with lots of brightly colored paint, brushes and stampers. Soon the dark drab sad umbrella will be transformed into a bright and cheerful work of art. And my old umbrella will be recycled and presented as a gift to my garden as a new Sweet Pea trellis.

Life is too short to avoid splashing in puddles, dancing and singing in the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment