Thursday, December 1, 2016

Christmas Decorating is it a Science or an Art?

When do you begin decorating for Christmas?
I have friends that begin decorating in October and others that don't even consider decorating until December 18th! Personally, I'm not sure how to answer the question~ I've just noticed a fully decorated Christmas Tree that has remained on my mantle displayed for over a year! How have I not seen this tree until today??? Is it okay with you if I pretend that I just put it up for this season?

Are you a traditionalist when decorating, using reds and greens or silver and blues as your palette? Or do you work with the more vibrant colors of pinks, aqua, lime and purples? What about ornaments and other decorations~ Do you use handcrafted ornaments or those you have purchased?

Today I am filled and overflowing with questions it seems.
Below is a set of questions to propel us into the Christmas Season.

1. When do you begin decorating?
2. Do you decorate every room in your home?
3. What color palette[s] do you use when decorating for Christmas?
4. Do you use all of your ornaments every year?
5. Real tree vs artificial tree, which do you prefer?
6. Christmas lights: inside? outside? colors? or all white?
7. Do you collect specific types of Christmas ornaments or decorations?
8. Do you use a Nativity in your Christmas decor?

I'm off to the attic, the closets and under the beds in search of Christmas decorations! Thinking I will go 'simple' this year, that is until the Christmas Bug bites and then....who knows what will happen! Only 24 days until Christmas, I'd better get busy!

I need some ideas for the front porch this year~
How are you decorating your entry?


Carol
#freedfromboxes
https://whatboxacreativelife.blogspot.com/
#HiddenInYourheART
© 2016 Carol Lane Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment