Saturday, March 16, 2019

National Quilt Day!

Ready. Set. Quilt!
Truly an exciting day. A day set aside for all of your quilting pleasures. Are you a quilter or a quilt collector? Or...a fabric hoarder? I can personally answer yes to two of these questions. I collect quilts and create quilts and I also collect fabrics to create more quilts. You can insert hoarder her if you want, however, a hoarder never uses their fabric stash.

Seriously though, quilting brings much pleasure to so many. In creating quilts out of need or for gifting with every stitch love is sewn into the quilt. We all recognize the world could use more love. Which is comforting to those of us who feel there is always room for one more quilt... There is always room for love.

Were you aware that currently in the USA there are over 10,000,000 active quilters? Quilting is no longer a hobby or recreational activity for the retired! Research and demographics indicate quilting has been embraced by a much younger crowd. Long live quilting!

I hinted at a quilt pattern a few days ago. I'm going to keep it simple...who am I kidding...I am sharing one of the most versatile patterns I use. The humble 9 patch. 9 squares to create 1 block...I have yet to reach the end of the possibilities with this pattern!

Dust off your templates or create a new set, gather your scraps or raid your fabric stash, sharpen your scissors, clean your machine and prepare your work area for my 2019 Quilters Challenge. You will need the following templates: 5 inch square, 4.5 inch square, 2.5 inch square, 1.5 inch square and 2.5 X 4.5 rectangle.

I am excited, keep a close eye here for all the details concerning my 2019 Quilters Challenge.


Happy Quilting!

https://whatboxacreativelife.blogspot.com/
#HiddenInYourheART

amazon.com/author/carollanefleming

© 2019 Carol Lane Fleming

No comments:

Post a Comment